We're hiring a Production Manager!
GoodFight Media is a Washington, DC based film production company specializing in short-form documentary films for broadcast and brands. Incorporated in February of 2014, we have produced a Sundance Festival official selection, broadcast television, fund-raising initiatives, narrative films, and scripted commercial spots. We're looking to add a new member to our team to help our quickly growing company achieve its goals.
The applicant should possess the following:
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Confidence in managing a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately.
- Pragmatism and resourcefulness.
- An eye for detail and figures.
- A passion for delivering creative excellence .
- Associate degree or higher in media production or related field.
- At least two years of experience working as a coordinator, associate producer, line-producer or coordinating producer at a major network, agency or production company.
- Must have experience coordinating local, domestic, and international shoots.
Overview of Position:
The Production Manager is the lynch pin in the day-to-day management of client projects.
You will be accountable for the delivery of on-time and on-budget films while constantly looking for opportunities to ensure delivery of creative excellence at every stage.
You’ll be up for the challenge of taking ownership of multiple projects from pitch to delivery. You’ll serve as the bridge between our development department and the production staff as well as liaising with 3rd party freelancers. As such, you will communicate equally well with laymen and high caliber film professionals.
You possess a thorough working knowledge of film production processes, budgets, and crew structures, and have exceptional, demonstrable project management skills.
You will be able to identify key stage requirements, building production schedules and manage budgets.
You’ll show a continued interest in new developments in film production and will help us apply these to clients' needs and further develop our portfolio.
We are looking for thinkers with a passion for film and video that will add value to the processes and help drive continual improvements within the production team.
You will be able to multi-task, have capacity and stamina for long days, and remain unflappable under pressure.
- Following the initial review of the client’s RFP, participate in the development of a proposal and determine what’s needed to complete the deliverables required.
- Participate in the concepting phase for new projects.
- Confirm that you and the President agree that final quotes allow GoodFight to deliver a superior product to the client.
- Ensure that creative and production teams agree that sufficient time is allowed for production and delivery.
- Ensure that the client is committed to a game plan and has signed off on the process of producing their film.
- Choose directors, DP’s, and other production professionals whose skills match the commissioned film.
- Track changes or delays from the client and work this back into the timing and quote for review.
- Ensure a revised timing plan is delivered if timings move and that the client approves this before commencing.
- Keep all parties informed of work progress, anticipate changes and communicate these quickly, assigning remedial action and accompanying deadlines as required. Be good humored, positive, motivating, and assertive in doing so.
- Maintain a three month forward plan of anticipated work and flag any possible resource issues as you identify them.
- Ongoing collaboration with development and production staff to identify any ways of improving work-smart processes, examining existing Producer structure against client needs identifying areas for improvement within the process going forward.
- Produce “wash up” project reports at the end of every project – identifying ways of improving similar projects in the future with the President and key production staff.
Send a cover letter and CV/Resume to Info@GoodFightMedia.com with the subject line "PRODUCTION MANAGER POSITION." No calls, please.
Start immediately, but flexible start date in Feb/March. This is for a 3-month contract with the opportunity to turn into a full-time, salaried position. Compensation commensurate with experience.